Sunday, February 13, 2011

Poetry Poetry Poetry

Here is some new stuff I've been working on for the last couple years. Also, if you want to feature stuff you've written here, I'd love to post stuff by someone who isn't me.






Winter Weather Advisory
Falling down, out of breath
Gets old after days of miles
Leaves falling from trees
Have it the easiest
Here today, gone tomorrow
Passing through to nowhere
But I’m stuck, freezing
Hands in my pockets
When rest is peaceful
But sleep is death
Falling from the sky
Arrogance and nothingness
A sea of endless blank
And a heart colder than all
But, bridges burn the warmest
If thats what it takes 
To get me out of this cold

Throwing Matches at Card Houses
My everything is burning
Hope ruined with flame
Kerosene smeared hope
Desire and hubris
Spread the warmth
Like a little boy I watch
And wonder at it
Though I did everything
To make this 
Destruction possible
I am a serpent
not a son
A lost orphan
And a callow arsonist
With a heart made of glass
A lighter in hand
I’ve got none to blame
My everything was only
A house built of cards
Holding on without hope
Rebuild from the ashes


Car Troubles
The a.c in my car went out today
I cursed under my breath
Things happen at the worst times
It’s summer
At least it’s not Florida (again)
With the way the weather is
You’d never know it though
I have a mix in on my car
For some reason the first band on is
“I Hate Myself” (again)
I switch it
Sometimes all it is
Is driving in a hot car
In the summer
Wishing you were somewhere else (again)


When in Rome
We are the kids
With the long drawn faces
And the drawn on eyes
Rings trace the lines of our sad eyes
Well when in Rome
You have to do what the Romans do
Pretend you don’t know what we do


Closure for a Troubled Mind
I walk in and look at you.
Not like I used to
(Maybe a little, but not really).
Words aren’t coming
Not that they ever have
(Not coherent ones anyway).
I wonder if I’m imagining 
the bruises on your arms.
It would be (pretty) fucked up,
to call that wishful thinking.
Not that I want you hurt,
Or to hurt you.
But, does he?
Who is, 
was, 
or is there a he?
Stopping myself from caring.
It’s gotten pretty easy.
When it comes to you and me
There are only wild goose chases
and “one day my prince will come”.
I’m not that prince
Never have been.
Your princes have been many
and dressed as bandits.
I noticed that my heart is beating
Quicker than my step
(Especially after I stop moving
and think of turning).
You haven’t looked up yet,
I can’t really be sure it’s you at all


Freeze-dried ex-punk rocker: for use whenever

I’m standing in the cold outside of something
I never truly belonged to
Laid some bricks and walked away
Unsure if they did or didn’t crumble
Maybe it isn’t for me to know
Or anyone to know
I spit at the idea that this was nothing
Even more than I resent the idea
That this was everything
Empty eyes look back at me
From inside a building
That I don’t think I ever knew
I still love a lot of the same things
The Misfits and nowhere to go
But I couldn’t tell you if they still do
This isn’t exile, just “quit while your ahead”
And refusing to become what I hate
Another piece of washed up hipster trash
I’d rather be lonely and forgotten
Than the empty husk that once
Held something of value
I no longer find the use
Of holding on to forgotten symbols
Of someone I never agreed to be






No comments:

Post a Comment