Thursday, February 10, 2011

More new music! Not by me!

So I've got 2 other bands for your listening pleasure!

First.

The Influence IS my favorite local band of all time. I still remember listening to their demo for the first time at band practice and not thinking much of it. It was during one of my, only listening to punk stages. However, I've got to say this is the best band to have come out of my home town. At this point I probably sound like a rabid fanboy, or trying to suck up to one of the band members. Maybe I am a rapid fan boy but they deserve it.



I remember the firs time I saw them we were supposed to play a scene-wide cookout, but we lost our drummer and couldn't train the replacement that day. We show up with food and who greets us but John Ross (singer/guitar player/songwriter). John and my friend Jeff went to school together so I was sort of familiar with who he was, but nothing prepared me for watching them play. They set up in the middle of the room, everyone crowded around them clapping and singing along.

From that day on I was enchanted and enthralled. Their blend of indie rock, with some bluesy sensibilities is nothing short of spectacular. "V is for Victory" is one of my top 10 albums of all time.

Without further ado and with great pleasure I present to you.

The Influence: Discography


Second.

I've got to confess, I'm not too familiar with this band's material. All I really remember about them was they covered my band Maury. There were several misunderstanding that followed. I've talked to Matt and Timmy a couple times, and they both seem like really down to earth guys. I'm not sure what you'd classify this as. I'm gonna go with punk? Probably punk. Give it a listen, it's something new, without shirking away from punk roots.


The Cajuns

No comments:

Post a Comment