A friend from work and I pretended we were in a relationship on April Fools Day. We laid work 2 weeks in advance, taking fake pictures and alluding to our "secret relationship." Due to positive response, I decided to catalog it here. Most people admit to being at least partially fooled up to the Justin Beiber post. Most were completely fooled until the Creed post. Without further ado:
After midnight, April Fools:
The next morning:
Round 2 (After 11am):
Starting to get creepier:
Now comes where I was trying to make it an obvious prank:
One last post before work:
On her wall:
On mine:
When the chips are down and your baby princess is going to break up with you, do what I did. Propose. I screen capped this after we announced it was a prank.
The proposal:
On her wall:
Freaking out:
A few minutes later:
Edit: In regards to the "Mike gets weird when he dates people comment" I laughed. I'm pretty sure almost everyone on my friends list was my friend when I had my last girlfriend and the girls I've dated besides. I assure you, I don't get weird.
Pics to set up our relationship:
![]() |
| My Birthday, randomly taken by a friend (My profile pic during the relationship) |
![]() |
| At Work |
![]() |
| Looking at some lake thing |
![]() |
| Not sure how this one is believable. |
![]() |
| ....or this one. (Her profile pic during the prank) |
![]() |
| This one we had a "I look dumb" "No you don't, you look great! I look dumb" fight on FB about. |
![]() |
| Srs Bzns |
![]() |
| I feel like this could be a sitcom advertisement |
First we tried to keep this as believable as possible. I mean there were some elements of ridiculousness, but not that many. We flirted at work and made it obvious we were taking breaks together. A few people were in on it and started gossiping. I asked my boss (who was in on it) his permission to date her.
On to facebook, see if you can pick out who knew about it and who didn't:
After work:
After midnight, April Fools:
The next morning:
![]() |
| Someone who was in on it mentioned that if they hadn't known, they think they would have realized by the fact I had posted John Mayer. |
Round 2 (After 11am):
![]() |
| Apparently 5 people from work thought this was cute. |
![]() |
| I reverse pranked this guy who was in on it by claiming that the April Fools was we were really dating. Lols ensued. |
Now comes where I was trying to make it an obvious prank:
![]() |
| The discussion devolved into a "Creed Sux" conversation, which I defended my choice of Creed. Also the girl I told off is legitly an ex-girlfriend of mine who was not in on it. |
![]() |
| I cried laughing when I read this. |
One last post before work:
![]() |
| Trouble in paradise... |
On her wall:
On mine:
When the chips are down and your baby princess is going to break up with you, do what I did. Propose. I screen capped this after we announced it was a prank.
The proposal:
![]() |
| Tell me this isn't romantic. |
![]() |
| "If you havin' girl problems I feel bad for you son..." |
On her wall:
Freaking out:
A few minutes later:
The Big Reveal:
Other good reactions (I had to delete several of them off my wall before the prank was complete):
"She is in on it, right?"
"You and your girlfriend are so cute! (this isn't an april fools day joke is it?)"
"i stand corrected. I am happy for you. you have been Rick Roll'd" (part of the creed fight)
Jonathon Winkler: I'm sorry man. What can I do to help?
Mike: i straight up don't know anything anymore.
Jonathon Winkler: Text me man. 321-482-6784
The text I sent read "April Fools."
Mike: i straight up don't know anything anymore.
Jonathon Winkler: Text me man. 321-482-6784
The text I sent read "April Fools."
"Mikey Potato Bear? WTF is Mike thinking man?" Sent to my best friend from another friend from FL.
"*slow clap.* The castle mike strikes on April 1st" We had a half hour conversation about how I was dead serious about my proposal.
"This is brilliant, I feel like this is TV and the proposal part just started sweeps."
Aftermath:
I'm still getting people asking me if I'm in a relationship or engaged, mostly people who only checked FB the morning of Friday and didn't check it again before I deactivated it briefly. Turns out one of my friends is dating an old elementary school friend of Tessa's and she was fooled briefly. As well as a few random congratulations I'm still getting.
Aftermath:
I'm still getting people asking me if I'm in a relationship or engaged, mostly people who only checked FB the morning of Friday and didn't check it again before I deactivated it briefly. Turns out one of my friends is dating an old elementary school friend of Tessa's and she was fooled briefly. As well as a few random congratulations I'm still getting.
Edit: In regards to the "Mike gets weird when he dates people comment" I laughed. I'm pretty sure almost everyone on my friends list was my friend when I had my last girlfriend and the girls I've dated besides. I assure you, I don't get weird.





































i must say... this is one epic april fool's joke... :P
ReplyDeleteThanks! Took a lot of prep time, totally worth it. I'd say April Fools is my second favorite holiday after Halloween.
ReplyDeleteThere was much more to it than I saw that day. Well done.
ReplyDeleteYes there was sir, I had to repost this cause many people missed the majority of it.
ReplyDelete