The upcoming article is not for haters.
For those of you who are not familiar, check out Epic Meal Time. We realized we had a lot of meat laying around the apartment and only a few weeks to get rid of all of it. So what to do but head to lowes food and figure out what to make. Sadly, the video didn't turn out and I only have a few pictures of mine.
The meat involved:
Approximately 3-4 pounds of venison.
5 Pounds of chicken.
A pound of steak.
3 Pounds of bacon.
Pork tenderloins.
What we all made:
Mike:
"The Angry Asian Man"
1.Started with a layer of egg noodles in a casserole pan.
2.Next layer was sauteed grated carrots, shitake mushrooms and onion. Sauteed/Stir fried in plum wine, teriyaki sauce and spicy sesame seed oil. Used the same spices I used on the meat, plus some coriander.
3.Next layer: candied bacon. MMMmmmmmmm
4. Next I took the venison, pound of steak, and a pork tenderloin, mixed it in a bowl with: curry powder, crushed red pepper, dried chilis, cumin, crushed bay leaves, parsely, basil and assorted other spices. I then marinated it in Blanco Diablo (Belgian style Wit Beer) and Busch (American style lager). I threw that in the wok and battled it for what seemed like years.
5. Next layer: more candied bacon.
6. I then put the curry meat drippings as a sauce, as well as the bacon drippings and more Blanco Diablo.
7. Next layer croissant crust. Had trouble spreading it but it was a good addition.
8. So the exposed meat wouldn't dry out too much while baking I then brushed the top with butter plum wine sauce.
The resulting meal was delicious, sweet and spicy.
Shortsleeve:
"Ong Bak: Thai Warrior" (named after a favorite Thai movie of all of ours).
1. Shortsleeve took 5 pounds of chicken, and all the other pork tenderloin and stir fried it with chili
powder, curry powder, a bunch of dried chilis, coconut milk, tomato paste, bamboo shoots, other stuff im sure too.
2. He then made coconut rice to put it on.
3. The result was an abomination before the Lord because you know we had to put some candied bacon on that too.
Very delicious.
Big S:
Chocolate orange fondue of doom. Plenty of candied oranges and bacon grease and plum wine and Blanco Diablo.
Pictures:
![]() |
| Where dreams are made hater. |
![]() |
| Meat mixture |
![]() |
| Veggies and candied bacon |
![]() |
| In progress, layer 3 |




No comments:
Post a Comment