Friday, May 20, 2011

Idea for content. A.K.A What I'm up to this summer.

Due to the fact I'm uninspired to write at the moment, and I am equally uninspired to collect other people's writing (unless I get sent some) I think I'm going to do a series of reviews/articles based on my summer to-do-list.

Summer Bucket List:

1. Quit smoking: So far just shy of 2 weeks completely smoke/nicotine free. Ups and downs. I've gotten good support for it and it is a lot easier now that I'm in a city where most of my friends have quit.


2. Beat Okami: Currently in progress, fantastic game. One of the best games I've ever played. Great art, very engaging.


3. Finish Band of Brothers: I think I've watched a third of it. Great so far.


4. Finally beat ADOM: I've been playing this game on and off since I was 13 and found it on CNET. I came close to completing this a few days ago but a glitch caused me to lose my character right before the final floor (and this game erases your save if your character dies/something like this happens). Considered by many to be one of the hardest games ever. Insanely difficult to pick up.


5. Read: Crime and Punishment, more C.S Lewis, The Book of the Five Rings, Art of War, the books I'm going to teach next semester (once they are finalized), et cetera, et cetera.

6. Re-read: Scott Pilgrim (I read this any time I get bummed out), Persepolis (one of the few books that can pretty reliably bring me near tears).

7. Mexico Mission Trip: Currently in the process of raising money for this. IF you are interested in donating shoot me an email.

8. Write more.

9. Go to the legendary Thai Kitchen as much as possible.  If you live in Melbourne you need to go here immediately.

9. Hopefully write some music/play my band's last show.

10. Play some Pathfinder with the dudes down here, as well as try to connect for skype sessions with the dudes in NC.

11. Keep up with Doctor Who.

There is probably a lot more, but that is where I'm starting. Not very lofty goals, but should make for a good summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment