I was looking through my collection of music for stuff that wouldn't be on iTunes I could pass your collective way. Lots of Florida hardcore. Also some bands are on iTunes that you should check out (Black SS, Pg. 99, Years from Now, Myproof and many more you wouldn't expect).
As always if any of the individuals in these bands or labels have problems with these cd's being here for download, I will take them down upon request.
Confront
I don't have a whole lot to say about this band. Pretty standard hardcore for the time it was out. Mostly known for being the band that Mean Steve was in before One Life Crew. I think there is an early version of Our Fight in there somewhere. Pretty cool to check out.
Get the Ammo
Florida hardcore from a few years back. I saw this band once in West Palm and it was intense, the place was packed (mostly for No Innocent Victim's reunion), and moving. Very heavy hardcore.
Barriers Now Bridges
We played with this band a few years back at least once. I didn't really pay much attention to them at the time, but they were very solid. Stand out track here is "Damn, that Girl looks like Slimer."
xWitnessx
I think this band was from New York. Very youthy straightedge (vegan?) hardcore. Melodic and fast with a lot of energy. I remember rocking this CD when we were writing our 2004 demo.
Tokyo Smash
This band is a very mixed bag. "Iowa State University" is a great song, the rest range from pretty good to awful (in my opinion). Poppy emocore(?) with a former member of As I Lay Dieing (?). It's cool if you are into that sorta thing.
Next time I'm gona try to throw in some: Cold as Life, Dogz of War and maybe something that isn't obscure hardcore (though those tend to be what satisfy my requirements for being posted). Now that I think about it, I have a big selection of obscure Oi.
If you would like your band posted let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment